The Best Tasting Nutrisystem Foods



In the past, I've written about Nutrisystem and my experiences on it.  One of the most common comments that I get is "honestly, how does the Nutrisystem food taste?  Which foods are good and which foods are really bad?"  I'll answer this question in the following article. 

Obviously, I can't even come close to commenting on every food, as this diet has 120 choices, but I will tell you what I believe that be standouts (both the good and the bad) and I'll include some of the new supposed "restaurant quality frozen foods" in the list.  The good news is that this diet allows you to customize your package and hand pick your food, so you won't be stuck with anything that you can't stand.

The Nutrisystem Breakfast Foods That Taste Good:  I am very partial to the muffins.  The poppy seed and the blueberry are outstanding and do not taste like diet food. Also, these are very convenient.  You don't really need to do anything to them.
There are also a lot of bars in the breakfast line up and some are tasty to me, but some aren't. The ones that I like are the chocolate chip, the cinnamon swirl, and the apple strudel.  I do not like the cranberry or the harvest nut, but I'm not a fan of dried fruit.
There are also cereals and oatmeal.  I do really like the oatmeal.  It doesn't have any weird after taste about it like I suspected.  The blueberry is my favorite. Of the dry cereals, I like the Cluster Crunch as it is sort of a mix between cheerios and honey nut clusters.

Nutrisystem Dinner Stand Outs:  There are a couple meals that I really like in the dinner category.  These are the raviolis and the pizzas. You can chose from cheese or cheese and spinach as far as ravioli goes. Both are go and there's no so much spinach in it so that it has a strong taste.  In terms of pizza, you have a few choices, the flat bread, the sour dough and the thick crust.  All is pretty decent, but I'm partial to the flat bread.  If you've going to compare these in terms of Pizza Hut (but not so greasy and lower calories of course) the flat bread is like thin and crispy, the sour dough is kind of like hand tossed and the thick crust is sort of like a pan.
I also like the vegetarian chili, the tacos (although the shell is more like a tostada) and the chicken sandwich.  In general, I steer clear of the pastas and the stroganoffs.  I don't like for my food to be all mixed together like that, but that's just how I feel about all stroganoffs,  not just Nutrisystem's.

Decent Tasting Snacks And Desserts: I'm going to admit it. The breakfasts and the snacks are my favorite part of this diet.  There is very little that is bad here.  I adore the pound cake, the almond biscotti, the candy bars, and the fudge brownie the most, but the only dessert that I really don't eat is the Blueberry lemon bar.  Again, I don't like my flavors mixed.  I would've rather had just a lemon or just a blueberry bar, but that's just me.
As far as the snacks go, you'll never mistake the cheese puffs for Cheetos, but they're really not half bad. They kind of taste like the baked Cheetos. I also like the zesty herb snack mix because it reminds me of the chex mix I often make with my kids.

The Nutrisystem Lunch: In my opinion, this is the weakness of the foods.  More of these taste bad than the other options.  There are just many soups and stroganoffs here, which we've already established that I don't like.  But, I do like the cheese tortellini, the chicken salad, and red beans and rice.  Most times, I will just order more of the dinners and go light on the lunches with my order.
Ava Alderman is the webmaster of the Nutrisystem Celebrity Diet Website Review which includes a full list of foods included in the diet, as well as FAQs, a three week free coupon, comparisons to other diets, pros and cons, and the free ebook "Getting The Most Out Of Nutrisystem" You can visit the site at http://celebrity-diet-review.com/nutrisystem
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Ava_Alderman

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire